Reference Books for Preparation of ESE Civil 2018
Here we have the recommended book list Reference Books for Preparation of ESE Civil 2018
Mechanics, by Shames
- This book is the outcome of material used in senior and graduate courses for students in civil, mechanical and aeronautical engineering. To meet the needs of this varied audience, the author have laboured to make this text as flexible as possible to use.
Surveying, by Punmia
- Surveying Vol-1, 16/E by Dr. B. C. Punmia, Ashok Kr. Jain, and Arun Kr. Jain is a book that attempts to serve as a reference guide to civil engineers who are studying the plane and geodetic surveying methodologies, i.e., measurement of short distances surveying. This work is the first volume and comprises 24 chapters, which describe the topics. All the topics in the book are given an extensive explanation and augmented with the relevant practical applications.
Introduction to Mechanics of Solids, by Crandall
- Concerned with the mechanics of rigid and deformable solids in equilibrium, this text An Introduction to the Mechanics of Solids puts considerable emphasis on the process of constructing idealized model to represent actual physical situations, which is a central problem of engineering. Problems given in the book depict variety of situations, to which the principles contained in the book may be applied.
Engineering Mechanics, by Mchean
- Modified to conform to the current, curriculum, Schaum’s Outline of Engineering Mechanics: Dynamics complements these courses in scope and sequence to help you understand it’s basic concepts. The book offers extra practice on topics such as rectilinear motion, curvilinear motion, rectangular components, tangential and normal components, and radial and transverse components.
Strength of Material, by UC Jindal
- A Textbook on Strength of Materials is a comprehensive book for undergraduate students of Civil Engineering. The book comprises chapters on simple stresses and strains, elastic constants, deflection of beams, theories of failure, strain energy methods, bending of curved bars, and mechanical properties.
Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering, by A. Singh & KR Arora
- Arora’s Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering (Geo-technical Engineering) is civil engineering students so as to have a better understanding of the subject. The book covers 8th Semester, 5th Semester, 4th Year engineering syllabus.
Basic and applied Fluid Mechanics, by Garde
- This is an outcome of author’s over thirty years of teaching Fluid Mechanics to undergraduate and postgraduate students. The book is written with the purpose that, through this book, student should appreciate the strength and limitations of the theory, and also its potential for application in solving a variety of engineering problems of practical importance. It makes available to the students, appearing for diploma and undergraduate courses in Civil, Chemical and Mechanical Engineering, a book which briefly introduces the necessary theory, followed by a set of descriptive/objective questions.
Concrete Technology, by MS Shetty
- Concrete Technology: Theory and Practice was first published in 1982, when it was mentioned in the book that India was producing 22 million tons of cement. In 2004, this amount became 120 million tons, and today, India is second only to China in the production of cement. These statistics are emphasized, as well as the need to understand concrete and its workings, in Concrete Technology: Theory and Practice. The seventh edition has taken into account the changes that have been occurring in the constantly dynamic and still rather nascent industry of concrete.
Irrigation Engineering, by SK Garg
- The techniques which are employed for development and management of water resources become vitally important in this context, and have been lucidly explained in Irrigation Engineering and Hydraulic Structures. The present edition has further been revised and updated with rewriting of certain articles and with addition of certain new topics and numerical examples. The question bank containing questions of Engineering Services and Civil Services Exams has also been updated.
Engineering Hydrology, by K Subramanya
- K Subramanya’s Engineering Hydrology 4th Edition is a comprehensive book for Civil Engineering undergraduates. The book consists of 10 chapters which explain the various concepts of hydrology from beginner levels. In addition the book also contains several multiple choice questions based on various competitive examinations which help the student understand the concepts
Structural Analysis, by Negi
- This comprehensive book covers the two-semester course on structural analysis at the undergraduate level. It presents the basic principles and techniques of structural analysis in a brief and simple style
Highway Engineering, by Khanna & Jasto Kadiyali
- Highway Engineering 9th Edition is authored by S.K.Khanna. The book is essential UG students doing their B.Tech. It is also useful for student specializing along various categories under engineering like Bio Technology, Civil Engineering and mechanical Engineering to name a few.
Steel Structures, by Duggal
- This is a well written and lucid text on Design of Steel Structures conforming to the latest codal provisions i.e. IS 800: 2007 (Limit State Design). The explanation of the topics is very simple and easy to understand with perfect and judicious blend of theoretical, mathematical and schematic descriptions which will make the readers understand the behaviour, mechanism of load transfer, the assumptions, analysis, specifications required for the purpose of designing of steel elements.
Prestress Concrete, by N Krishna Rajee
- Prestressed Concrete Bridges covers the theory and design of prestressed concrete structures, for students of undergraduate and postgraduate courses in engineering.
Fluid Mechanics & Hydraulics, by Modi & Seth
- The book in this fourteenth edition is entirely in SI Units and it has been thoroughly revised in the light of the valuable suggestions received from the learned professors and the students of the various Universities. Accordingly several new articles have been added. The answers of all the illustrative examples and the problems have been checked and corrected. Moreover, several new problems from the latest question papers of the different Universities as well as competitive examinations have been incorporated.
For Complete Details about Engineering Services Examination go through the following link :http://upsc.flipacademy.org/engineering-services-examinationese-details/